Working with CMI: Affiliates
CMI Affiliates are companies and organizations interested in being informed about CMI research outcomes and providing input to CMI on a continuing basis. Each Affiliate pays an annual membership fee, based on the organization size and type, and signs a Membership Agreement. Link to a list of current CMI Affiliates.
Foreign entitites must be approved for membership by the U.S. Department of Energy. For more details, contact CMIaffiliates@ameslab.gov.
The annual Affiliates fee is based on size of organization and level of membership:
- $500 per year for Start-ups (less than 5 years old and/or have not completed an IPO), Universities, Not-for-Profits*, and FFRDCs.
- $2,500 per year for other entities
- No fee for Federal agencies, providing member benefits to staff who are government employees (not contractors)
*Research societies and industry trade groups can join as Affiliates, but CMI membership benefits do not flow down to a society's members.
Resources available for more information:
- CMI Participation Benefits
- CMI Membership Announcement (news release)
- Membership Program Brochure (includes application) (pdf)
- Sample Membership Agreement (pdf)
For more information:
- CMI Affiliates Membership, The Ames Laboratory, 306 TASF, 2408 Pammel Drive, Ames, IA, 50011-1015