CMI Education and Outreach in 2017
People at the CMI Winter Meeting at Mines included program administrators from the U.S. Department of Energy and CMI leaders and researchers from national laboratories, universities and industry.
In addition to monthly webinars, CMI education and outreach in 2017 includes:
- Colorado School of Mines delivered a successful National Engineers Week on Feb. 22 is expected to bring dozens of high school students and guests to campus for mentoring and tours of the CMI exhibit at the geology museum
- To train and prepare professionals in the field, CMI offered a post doctoral/graduate student professional meeting at Colorado School of Mines, with grad/postdoc presenters from national laboratories and universities, Feb. 9-10
The CMI Winter Meeting at Mines included a poster session to feature research by postdocs and graduate students.
Earlier CMI education and outreach:
Examples of other youth education and outreach at CMI partners:
- My Brother's Keeper: CMI national laboratory partners offered education and outreach:
- DiscoverE Girl Day, Feb. 25; Purdue University: Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, Feb. 27
- National Science Bowl, April 28-May 2:
- Colorado School of Mines: Week-long summer camps for entering grades 3-5, grades 6-8 or high school
- Iowa State University: Youth programs through OPPTAG and ISEK